More Gas Saving Tips...

Well, I didn't get to adding the rest of my tips yesterday so I will add some more today.

Less weight = more MPG
Along with tuning up your car, taking out unnecessary clutter in your car can help with gas mileage. Back in high school and college I was involved in drag racing and the import scene (I'm still interested but don't have the money to stay involved), and one of the things I learned was for every 100 lbs you lose from the weight of the car, thats a 1/10th of a second dropped from your 1/4 mile time. Now I'm not talking about super weight reduction like what is done on professional drag racing cars, but removing the random junk that remains in your trunk can help with gas mileage.

Properly inflated tires
This for some reason has been a hot tip for the media and the presidential nominees. The truth is that inflating your tires to the recommended PSI located on the actual tire will help with gas mileage. Inflating the tires will reduce the amount of tire touching the asphault and this will reduce the friction that slows the car down. The tip "inflate your tires when you go on long trips" doesn't have to apply on only for long trips. Try it.

Gas mileage gauge's
Buying a gas mileage gauge can help give you an estimate on your mileage. There are a few for sale but I have not tried them. There are some sites that like the ScanGauge.

No comments: